Club Affiliation, Organisation and History
Founded in 2011, we are one of the most exciting and up and coming amateur Football Clubs in London.
From May 2011 to date LTFC fields 1 team in the West London Sunday League, a local competition running 3 monthly seasons. This is unsanctioned competition based in the Westway Sports Centre.
From September 2013 LTFC has been fielding a team in the West End League (London A.F.A).
Guiding principles and Philosophy
The Club seeks to promote the values of fair play, sportsmanship, commitment and playing for enjoyment.
We show courtesy and respect for each other, match officials and members of opposing teams and their coaches/supporters.
Full details of what is expected from players, coaches, members and supporters can be found at the following website www.thefa.com/respect.
It would be excellent practice if all members have an in depth look at this website and make themselves aware of the Respect codes of conduct.
The FA Charter Standard Programme provides recognition that clubs are well run and sustainable, with child protection and safety paramount. It also recognises a club’s commitment to coaching, player and coach development, and the raising of standards of behaviour in the game. We will continue to adhere to and promote these standards in addition to those set out in the FA’s Respect campaign. We aim to acquire the Standard Chartered Status.
Club and Member Expectations
The Club’s contribution:
- High standard home ground and facilities
- Competitive 11 a side adult league football
- Organised training sessions with a qualified coach
- Fair selection process to encourage success for all members
- Social calendar of regular events and get togethers
- Be regularly available and punctual for matches
- Attend training and/or maintain your fitness between matches
- To mix with and entertain the Match Officials and opposition players, both Home and Away.
- Support social events and mix with fellow club members
- Be supportive of your club and contribute your thoughts and ideas
- Make payments such as subscription fees promptly where required
As part of our ongoing work to build the club, we plan to strengthen the current membership by contacting the main UK universities to attract quality qualifying graduate footballers in addition to our normal recruitment routes: inviting friends, club newsletters, use of local media, and referrals, etc.
Membership and Selection
The club operates a guest membership system – see details on membership criteria, fees and further information in the separate Information for Guest Members sheet.
Communications and social events
Regular social gatherings are organised by the social secretary and we expect attendance and support for these to increase after another spirited season of activities.
Football Philosophy and Training
Players with ambition to play in the Senior and Intermediate teams are expected to be available regularly and to attend training and supplement this with their own fitness work or ensure they are fit to play on Saturdays by making their own arrangements. Regular availability and attendance at training will be taken into account in the selection process.
Formations and tactics are to be flexibly applied across all teams, however we will endeavour to adopt flexible playing style that encourages passing and swift counter attacking in possession and defending as a team when possession is lost.
Training takes place at Westway Sports Centre on Thursdays from 7.30 – 9.00pm on 3g artificial grass during the season.
Training sessions are inclusive to players of all teams and will be a mixture of fitness work (with balls wherever possible), skills practices and small sided or full sided games.
Best practice characteristics that could be incorporated into training sessions include:
The 6 phases of the game (as recognised by the FA):
- Attacking when the opposing team is in balance (organised)
- Attacking when the opposing team is out of balance (disorganised)
- Defending when our team in balance (organised)
- Defending when our team out of balance (disorganised)
- The finishing phase where goal scoring is the intended outcome
- Goalkeeping both in and out of possession
Tactics and skills
- The characteristics of effective teams when attacking and defending
- Attacking strategies and tactics
- Defending strategies and tactics
- Positional profiles and specific attributes
A management committee oversees the club with elected members voted for at the Annual General Meeting (July).
- Chairman – Alban Bytyqi
- Treasurer – Tini Kaja
- Head Coach – Jan Saragih
- Second Coach – Vacant – Recruiting for
- Results and Referee’s Secretary – Vacant – Recruiting for
- Social Media Manager – Vacant – Recruiting for
- Registration Secretary – Vacant – Recruiting for
- Hospitality Officer – Vacant – Recruiting for
- Website Officer – Vacant – Recruiting for
The Committee aims to meet once a month and all members can make representations and suggestions through the Club Secretary throughout the season and at the Annual General Meeting.